Founded in 2000, Boulder-based Colorado Capital Management provides independent fee-only portfolio management, financial planning and impact investments for high-net-worth individuals, families and foundations.
Our team of experienced, caring and credentialed professionals are dedicated to providing you with an exceptional client experience.
Senior Advisor, CFA
Senior Advisor, WMS
Financial Advisor, CFP®
Financial Advisor, CFP®, MSFP
Senior Advisor, CFP®, CSRIC
Financial Advisor, CFP®
Portfolio Manager, MBA
Assistant Portfolio Manager/Analyst
VP of Operations
Client Service Associate
Industry certifications (CFA, CFP, etc.) show technical and industry knowledge and obtaining these designations shows a professional commitment to investment skills.
Chartered Financial Analysts are licensed by the CFA Institute to use the CFA mark. CFA certification requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or have equivalent education or work experience;
- Successful completion of all three exam levels of the CFA Program;
Have 48 months of acceptable professional work experience in the investment decision-making process;
- Fulfill society requirements, which vary by society. Unless you are upgrading from affiliate membership, all societies require two sponsor statements as part of each application; these are submitted online by your sponsors;
- Agree to adhere to and sign the Member’s Agreement, a Professional Conduct Statement, and any additional documentation requested by CFA Institute.
The federally registered CFP (with flame design) marks (collectively, the “CFP® marks”) are professional certification marks granted in the United States by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (“CFP Board”). The CFP® certification is a voluntary certification; no federal or state law or regulation requires financial planners to hold CFP® certification. It is recognized in the United States and a number of other countries for its
high standard of professional education;
stringent code of conduct and standards of practice; and
ethical requirements that govern professional engagements with clients. To attain the right to use the CFP® marks, an individual must satisfactorily fulfill the following requirements:
- a) complete an advanced college-level course of study addressing the financial planning subject areas including insurance planning and risk management, employee benefits planning, investment planning, income tax planning, retirement planning, and estate planning;
- b) pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Examination (2 day; 10 hour exam);
- c) complete at least three years of full-time financial planning-related experience (or the equivalent, measured as 2,000 hours per year);
- d) agree to be bound by CFP Board’s Standards of Professional Conduct;
- e) complete 30 hours of continuing education hours every two years; and
- f) renew an agreement to be bound by the Standards of Professional Conduct.
A financial planner needs to understand the fundamentals of the wealth management process. Individuals who hold the WMS® designation reviews the relevant principles to consider in the asset allocation process as well as investment strategies that are used in the accumulation of wealth. Also included are explanations and examples of basic time value of money computations. Basic tax implications of investments used in the wealth management process, along with retirement and estate planning considerations, are also discussed. A financial planner needs to complete all 13 courses to earn the WMS® certificate. All WMS® designation holders will be responsible for completing 16 hours of Continuing Education credits every 2 years.
We are passionate about providing clients with an exceptional experience.. This is demonstrated by our highly personalized and responsive service, careful attention to detail and proactive communication. It is underpinned by our rigorous market and investment research. It is evidenced by our exceptional client retention. And it stems from the outstanding qualifications and expertise of our wealth management team.
We care deeply about doing the right thing—for our clients and for our community at large. As both a Public Benefit Corporation and a Certified B Corporation, we have doubled down on our commitment to socially responsible business practices. Our team members hold volunteer leadership roles with a variety of nonprofit organizations. We actively minimize and offset our carbon footprint. We give generously and provide pro-bono services in support of numerous charities. And we are recognized locally and nationally as leaders in ESG (environmental, social and governance) and impact investing. For more information, see our Annual Impact Report.
To learn more about our values driven approach to enriching lives, please contact us for a free consultation.